Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Knees 'O Fury

Let me show you 'round a bit!

This is a little alleyway I walk down on my way to work:




And this is a particularly eye catching vehicle I spotted beside the road.




Beats a bumper sticker.


And this is the dashing window display of a newsagent. Love the Bee-boy.




(The headline is vintage 'Tiser)


Bloody pissed off I missed this:





Meet Bec and Geoff...



They took me 'round town on Sunday night to drink my weight in Coopers and listen to cracking 90's music at a pub called the Crown and Sceptre.

90's music like:



This song, which was actually the VERY FIRST CD I EVER OWNED. A single. Christmas '91. Given in conjunction with a giant tub of 300 gumballs called 'Bloodsuckers', which made the chewer look as if he/she had been drinking red paint all afternoon.

Picture me, aged nine, frothing fake blood on the carpet, whiplashing my head 'round to this little tune!!

'I got the ke-ey. I got the sec-re-ee-eet. I got the key to a-nother way!'

Cred.

Here's a closer look of the wall in the background up there:




The photo was taken at 2am, in a strip lit Kebab store on Rundle St. It's a fine establishment, of age-old traditions. One of which is take a snap of their customers and slap it on the wall above the deep frier.

If youve ever got drunk and come a cropper with some bad food in SA, you'll know its not a Kebab at all. Its a Yeeros.

South Aussies would whither at you if you didnt say Yeeros when describing a pancake of bread piled with congealed meat, white onion rings and toxic garlic sauce. It's not a Souva. Not a 'Bab. Not a Giros. It's a Yeeeeeeeeeeeros.

They also call telegraph poles 'stobie' polls.

A schooner is a pot, and a pint is a schooner.

And its definately dar-nce, not daiy-nce. Same deal for chance. Prance. Stance. France.

Nutters.

But they do a good gastropub.

Like this one, the Victory. Looks like a tin shed. Youd probably drive straight past it. But it is OFFICIALLY the home of the best. THE BEST. Chick Shnit Parma. Of all time. From someone who KNOWS.

Nice view, too.


No comments: